On Street Parking
Our Pay & Display Meters are easy to use!
The On-Street Parking Program in the City of Springfield was designed to accommodate visitors to our city to conduct business. There are several time zones such as “one-hour, two-hour”, etc., which were created to allow visitors to our city park in designated spaces for set time limits. Once a visitor is finished conducting business and drives away from a parking space, this allows another motorist to park in that space. For those who are looking for a space for longer term parking, we have covered garages and surface lots where parking is allowed by the hour, daily, or even monthly.
The On-Street Parking in our City costs $0.50 per hour. Visitors may pay for parking with coins, Passport Parking App, or a SmartCard which can be loaded with funds to use like a credit card. Additional details are available on our website or by calling our office at (413) 731 0006.
Passport Parking App
The Passport Parking app is a useful alternative for those who do not wish to carry change. Passport allows for web-use as well as app-based use for both Android and Apple users. By Inputting Zone 1981 for Springfield as well as the appropriate space number from the sidewalk side of the meter, the space can easily be paid for via credit card for the allotted time of the meter. Please note that passport parking app does not allow the users to add time if the allotted time within a designated zone limits the time extension. To pay for more than the allotted time of the meter, the vehicle must be moved to a different space number and then a new parking session must be initiated, either via Passport Parking App, coin, or with Smart Cards (if you have any activated with funds available).
What are the benefits of using Passport Parking?
- No coins, no problem:
- Pay quickly and securely with your phone.
- Forget refilling the meter in the rain or braving the cold.
- Stress-free parking:
- Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
- Stop worrying about how much time is left on the meter.
- No need to rush:
- Add time to your parking session directly from your phone.
- Your plans change, your parking spot shouldn't. Simply extend your parking session via our app.
- Easy expenses:
- Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session.
- Expenses made easy, manage your parking history through the mobile app.
How do I pay for parking with Passport Parking?
- Download the Passport Parking app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Create an account with your mobile phone number or email address.
- Park anywhere you see Passport Parking app signs & decals.
- Pay for your parking session from your phone.
- Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay longer!
Smart Cards are a prepaid method of payment. For a one-time $3.95 fee for the smart card itself, funds can be easily added onto this card conveniently at our Bridge St office. This option eliminates the need for change as it is used in the meter as a credit card would be. This card allows for adding time to the meter without needing coins and is accepted by ALL the meters located downtown. Please note that smart cards can be paid with cash only.
For additional information about Smart Cards, please click here:
Coin / Credit
All meters throughout the downtown area have the option for coin payments. Nickels buy 6 minutes, Dimes buy 12 minutes, and Quarters buy 30 minutes. Along with change, some of our Main Street meters (between Bridge Street and State Street) offer payment with credit card option.